Eckman completed renovations and the addition of 6,000 square feet to the vintage 1837 post and beam church structure in the old center of Londonderry. For the convenience of the owner, and to accommodate their Christmas service, Eckman reworked the project schedule to establish a phased turnover. Eckman also incorporated in-kind donations and owner-furnished items into their construction schedule.
Seating and choir areas were increased, and the original balcony seating was reclaimed by adding new structural supports. The existing parish hall’s second level was separated and placed on cribbing while a new foundation and first floor additions were built. The parish hall was then raised to match the church’s balcony level, reoriented and reinstalled at second floor level.